In light of the current situation presented by the coronavirus, the National Pony Society has taken a number of decisions regarding the competition season.
These decisions are based on the recommendations around social distancing, non-essential travel and public gatherings and our obligation to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all of our participants, as well as the wider implications for society as a whole.
We have a duty of care to all of our stakeholders, whether riders, owners, officials, organisers or sponsors, as well as a societal responsibility towards the containment and control of the coronavirus.
The NPS Spring Festival that was due to be held at the Three Counties Showground on Saturday 25th April has been cancelled. We are examining further options surrounding the rescheduling of the HOYS and RIHS qualifiers and the Winter Finals that would have been held at Spring Festival and will endeavour to communicate more details and timeframes as they become available.
We strongly advise all NPS Areas to postpone any shows or training events until the end of April and recommend any shows that affiliate to the NPS to follow suit.
The Competitions Committee will be reviewing the impact on the showing calendar as a result of these cancellations and any subsequent qualifications. As the situation continues to evolve we will continue to review the best course of action and do our utmost to keep all stakeholders informed.